CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

You've Got To Be Friggin Kidding Me





Watch more videos at KentuckyFriedCruelty.com.



I randomly decided to look into this animal cruelty thing after reading a friend's blog about "beak trimming" because I had never heard of it, and I found this after exploring the PETA website. I always thought that PETA was a bunch of vegitarian fruitcakes, but it literally made me sick to my stomache after I watched this. I don't understand how this can be legal to do to any animal, if someone was hurting a cat or dog in this way they would go to jail (after being charged 37 times, but I digress...).... Eff fast food

2 comments:

Barry said...

Welcome to my world. I can't stand factory farms. The Wal-Marts of the food industry. Mostly fast food joints benefit.

I will say that when/if I grow the meat birds I will likely see some of the deformities. It's a fact of life when something grows that fast. They will be conscious when their throats are cut, it's just a fact, but will not be alive when they go into the scalding bath before plucking. I will not be clipping the beaks - and what you saw in the video were cut WAY too short, IMHO. I remember as a kid seeing that with laying hens - we had a lot- but not nearly as short. Just the tips and they were perfectly fine. The reason it is done is chickens will kill (and eat) other chickens if they get the slightest taste of blood from an injury.

I could go on and on... and don't get me started about the beef industry in the tropics!

Live/Love/Life said...

OMG!!!
Seriously my husband wanted KFC tonight. I Don't f-ing think soooo.
I agree with some things Peta Does but sometimes they are way crazy.
This was horrifying. Anything on Tuna? I just ate dolphin free tuna.
: )