CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Slacker

I know I've been a major slacker on my blog. So far this week, I've walked 4 miles with the jogging stroller in an hour, I figure that's pretty darn good considering there's no sidewalks from my drive way until you hit main st cotuit, so that time accounts for pushing the stroller over people's lawns, through pot holes and picking up Michael Jr's juice cup he kept throwing out of the carriage.

We went to 'Dick's Last Resort' in fanueil hall in Boston for my friend Sara's fiance's birthday. It was okay, I thought it woulda been more fun then it was. Basically their MO is that they're really rude to the customer's and make you wear giant head 'condom' hats with obscene phrases on them. My friend was afraid I'd get us kicked out bc I have a fresh mouth :-) No such luck, my friend & I had the 'Dolly Parton' which is chicken breasts which were really dry and over priced. Every one else had some form of BBQ which apparently was really good, but does me no good. So we trudged back through the wind & rain only to circle the T "Stop" which is actaully a historical building plopped in the middle of an intersection with no signs to indicate its a T stop, and we flagged down a taxi driver just so he could point out that we're a bunch of jack asses and the stop is right behind us. Once we got back on the orange line my friend Sara took the seat closest to the doors, which she didn't notice at the time, but there was a plastic cup about 1/4 full of "Pale Ale" ..... reference American Pie ..... I offered her $1.00 to take a sip ... no dice

Saturday was the start of my work week again, my days off always seem to fly by, and I always feel like I get nothing accomplished. To be honest I can't really remember what it is I did on saturday, I'm almost positive I went to the gym then went home to shower and go to my parents to visit with the baby before I went to work. Michael Jr spent the night at my parents house friday night so Michael & I could have a dat night at Dick's Last Resort. I only got a 2 1/2 hour visit with him by the time I got to my parents house and had to finish getting ready for work. I always feel like a bum leaving him when I go to work, but I'm so thankful I have my parents help, without them I'd be totally screwed.

MJ only spends 2 nights a week at my parents , monday & saturday when Michael & I's work schedule conflict. Otherwise he's always with one of us. But I always feel like I didn't do enough for him that day or I feel guilty for not bringing MJ to a play group or do a craft. I geuss most mom's have that 'guilty mom conscience'.

So back to my week, today is sunday, mother's day. Michael worked a 24 hour shift in weymouth, so the baby was at my parents house. I slept like crap, as I usually do saturday nights when the house is empty, I dragged myself out of bed around 8:30 to take a shower and pick up the baby. And for my mother's day gift, the baby decided to get up at 4:45 am and refuse to take any form of a nap. So by the time I arrived to pick him up at 10:00 am he'd been upover 5 hours. Super. I brought him home, apparently my uncle had stopped by to drop off some cards. I attempted to get MJ to nap, I had him tucked into his bed, he wasn't asleep, but he was quiet and thinking about a nap. Then Michael comes home and the baby turns into el diablo.

Michael brought home an edible arrangement from the sandwich location, it was a bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries *score* and the 2nd boxed set of "beavis & butthead" *Flippin awesome!!!!* And I got my first official holiday card with the word "wife" on it. Still is kinda weird, everything feels the same I think, even with my new drivers liscence and social security card. While Michael was in the shower, I was finishing up getting ready to go out, and we put dora the explorer on the computer for Michael to watch. I was attempting to blow dry my hair when I hear "MMMM CAKE!!!YUM!!!" MJ comes out of the kitchen holding out the tray with the chocolate cake my grandfather bought me for mother's day, and goes "MUM, PIECE!" I had a mini stroke, but he managed to grab it from the back of the table and hold it out while teatering across our room without dropping it.

We left our place around 12:30 to go to the Buttonwood Park Zoo in New Beige and say hi to his mom,grandma and sisters, and managed to get back on cape in time for me to get into work. Yay Hawaii.

I have 3 more allegra free days to look forward to, fricken super. I'm getting allergy tested on wendsday so I can't take my allergy medicine 3 days out so it won't interfere with the results. I have 3 weeks of this to do, so they can figure out what I'm allergic to, as well as test me for celiac's and gluten allergy. I haven't had allergy shots since I was like 4, but I have luggage under my eyes that no amount of concealer can hide, I'm constanly exhausted even after 30 mg of Adderall and 200 mg of Provigil, and I have 'iron staining' at the corner of my eyes which apparently has to do with sinus allergy something or other. Plus they're going to do a test for gluten/wheat allergy and celiac's. I had bloodwork done at my primary care for celiac's which was negative, but my ENT dr says those are not always 100% accurate.

I'm pretty sure allergy's are what is making me drag ass all day and interfere with my ability to focus or get anything done (besides having adhd :-) ). If I don't have to be on additional perscriptions outside of allergy shots that would make my life waaaaaaaay easier, the provigial (for Shift work sleep disorder & narcolepsy) is $40 co pay, on top of the adderall which is another $25 co pay, and I have to go into the office every month to get the perscription bc Adderall is a controlled substance, so theres the $15.00 office visit. I'm pretty sure my dr is geussing whats going on with my severe lethargy, bc I didn't know it was possibly to have adhd & narcolepsy at the same time .....

Well it's back to picking out photos for my wedding album, I have some random week photos to post ......

0 comments: