CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Zumba FAIL

I was super pumped this morning when I found a zumba class that actually worked right in to my work out routine. I have never taken Zumba but I've seen you tube clips that made it appear super fun.
What I Expected:





What I got



So as I and another lady waited outside the room for another class to end (which was 15 minutes late I might add), we made small chit chat and another older lady arrived. Apparently this lady was the "instructor", we were caught off guard since she was out of shape and not prepared. Ok. So to make things a little more awkward I was one of two people in attendance in this "class". The instructor puts on the head set and starts to play some awful out dated salsa music. Great. She proceeds to "warm up" without letting us know what the hell is going on. Now, not that I'm an expert or anything, but judging from previous classes, and dance instruction, I was under the assumption that there would be some kind of instruction going on. Apparently not in this class. Not only did she not tell us what she was doing, everything seemed to be completely random, nothing made any sense and to make it even better she was out of breath, so anything she did say was with a heavy accent and in between gasps of air. So needless to say I did not enjoy my first Zumba experience, the lady who was in the class with me was also greatly disappointed, she said "there's a reason we were the only two in there", and said that there was another Zumba class taught by a good instructor who would actually TEACH you something on Monday nights. I'm not sure if this uncoordinated white girl is up for it, we'll see how much humilitaion I can handle for one week.

0 comments: