CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thanks For Nothing Blue Cross




I'm a little irritated and my brain hurts. I'm still trying to figure out the logic they use in making up their set of rules. I was given a perscription of priolosec that necessitated 60 pills be dispensed in order to double up on the dosage as required before I go into my next 'scope procedure. Well Blue Cross will only allow the pharmacist to dispense 34 pills. Thanks for the thought Blue Cross, but that's pretty much useless to me. Now given it's sunday there's no one at Blue Cross or at the gastro enterology department of Beth Israel, it'll probably be the better part of a week before I can get this straightened out. I'm just baffeled bc it's not like Prilosec is a popular street drug, people aren't feinding for some ant acids. I give over a quarter of my paycheck to these a-holes and in return I get to run around and spend most of my day on the phone playing the "which medication will my insurance cover" game. *DANCE PUPPET DANCE*. So much for supposedly being the best insurance carrier.


1 comments:

Barry said...

Their logic = How little can we do for the biggest profit.

I believe corporations, particularly insurance companies, do this as a lot of people, including myself are intimidated and don't like to rock the boat for fear of 'maiking them mad'. Example: I have never made a claim on my homeowners insurance for fear of an jump in rates or being dropped altogether. Now that they have been given free reign on buying elections by the US Supreme Court, expect it to get worse and worse down the road.