CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Shrimp Mozambique







INGREDIENTS:


1-lb of peeled shrimp
1-stick of butter
4-tbsp.crushed garlic
1/2 -cup white wine
2- pkgs of Sazon goya seasoning
2- tbls chopped parsley
1tbsp -wet crushed red pepper(comes in a jar at the international section)


DIRECTIONS:


Fry garlic in butter,add crushed pepper,wine,Goya,parsley and shrimp.

Let simmer till shrimp turn pink.

serve over white rice



I made this traditional Portuguese dish last night and it turned out fabulous. Not only is it super easy prep, but super easy clean up too, which is great when you don't have a lot of time or energy but want something different for dinner. I made slight alterations to the recipe, I'm not exactly what you'd call a cook, but 4 tablespoons of crushed garlic seemed like an awful lot, and I was afraid to ruin the dish. I ended up putting in 2 tablespoons, which was fine, but after I had some I decided that 4 tablespoons would've been fine after all. I also implemented frozen pre cooked,pre peeled & deviened shrimp, and thawed them and removed the tails. This also worked out well, and once you throw in the shrimp in the sauce, it turns bright orange, so I'm not sure how you were supposed to tell if it was cooked if you had used the uncooked shrimp. The only thing I should've done before hand was cook the white rice, which it turns out I totally forgot about and ended up cooking the shrimp a little longer due to the fact I was waiting for the rice to cook, which can make shrimp a little chewy, but it was still awesome. I wasn't sure how to present the dish since I had never had shrimp mozambique before, assuming it always contained tomato products, which it turns out it didn't. So I just mixed everything in the pan together, which made for a very colorful, spicey and yummy dish. And it is on the spicey side, just to warn you. If you want to turn down the spice factor, I might try using half of the red pepper it calls for. But little man even liked it "I LOVE SPICEY!!!" . Go figure.



1 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Looks wonderful, Robin! Figures you get your "cook" on as soon as you leave midnights, darn it!! :]