CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th, Overtime on St.Patrick's Day and Other Bad Decisions




It didn't occur to me until I was about to go to sleep this afternoon that not only was today friday the 13th, but I was working it alone with Sgt. Bad Luck Shit Storm . Not only would I be working alone on a traditionally bad luck day, but I was also smart enough to pick up overtime on St. Let's Get Hosed and Pretend We're All Irish - Day, which coincidentally I would also be working alone. Hawaii.









On a unrelated note, I completed the dreaded glucose test this morning. Which I am quite confident that I do not have gestational diabetes. I arrived at the office for my 0830 appointment, and did the usual check in routine. After they put me on the cattle scale, I waddled down the hall to wait for the Dr I've never met before. The girl hands me this inconspicuous looking orange drink that's about as big as 1/2 a coke can, and contains about 50 grams of sugary hell. I already knew it was gonna taste like crap, but to make the expierience even more enjoyable the girl proceeds to watch me drink it. No pressure.






But I did learn that I have one more appointment in 3 weeks, then after that I have appointments every 2 weeks, than at 36 weeks it will be every week. It's kinda going by fast, only 2 months and 3 weeks until little miss Mya is here :-)

0 comments: