CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 30, 2010

Spring Cleaning





This week was the start of my spring cleaning, however not in the sense I would've thought. This week has been incredibly emotionally taxing, but I ended up learning a lot from it. I was finally able to get a hold of my 'best friend' aka 'wife' who was MIA for the better part of 2 months. I was able to tell her exactly how her absence has made me feel, and how missing my birthday, my son's birthday and my daughter's baptism with no explanation was not acceptable. And that is not something I typically, actually, ever do. I take it and take it, because I have fallen into the role of the 'peace keeper', I hate confrontation, even if it's at my expense.


Then my sister in law had informed me that she ordered her wedding invitations, after she had already asked me to make them, all the paper & supplies were already bought, and the format was all set on my computer to start working on them next week. Mind you her wedding isn't until the 1st weekend of september, she said that she 'didn't want to worry about them', and she figured that 'I was too busy', but I could 'make the favor tags if I wanted to'. First of all, she never gave me a date of when she wanted them done by, but from planning 4 previous weddings I know that typical etiquette calls for 6-8 weeks prior to the wedding the invitations can be sent out. I tried to explain to her that I wouldn't have offered to make her invitations (which were to match the save the dates I already made, along with the rest of the paper goods needed ), and that I would've had them by the first week of June. Apparently sister in law from hell is an expert on everything and told me 'well its actually 10 weeks with the holiday weekend, these things are time sensitive'.
REALLY BITCH BC I'VE NEVER HELPED WITH A WEDDING OR PLANNED MY OWN FOR THAT MATTER?!I understand its her wedding, and people change their minds last minute all the time, but atleast let me know BEFORE you go ahead and order invitations, since I already spent time and money making what you specifically asked for. I've cut not only her but most of my in laws off, if not already putting up strict boundaries. They could give a shit about me, the only time they have anything to do with me is if they need me to do something for them, or if it has to do with the kids. All the conversations are very superficial, I tried to do things when Michael & I first started dating, but it was like pulling teeth. Everytime we are together (holidays, kids playing etc)they pretty much ignore me. They always have their 2 cents to add about what we 'should' be doing.Nothing I've ever done has been good enough, I'VE never been good enough. This past week is just a culmination of 7 years of me being a doormat, trying to make it work with people who are completely unwilling to give me a chance.


I've always tried to find happiness through other people, by making sure they're happy, instead of looking inward and being happy with in myself. And by doing so, I end up suffering in the end. I'm all done. Nice Robin is gone. I'm not going to be a malicious bitch by any means, but I refuse to sit here and let people take advantage of me and treat me like shit.

0 comments: