CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mashpee 5k, Halloween & Going Back To School ..... OH MY!!!!!







Time has flown by, I can't believe Halloween has come and gone, and my baby girl is five months old. I successfully completed the Mashpee Firefighters 5K race to benefit the one, the only, Steve Bold. My "race" time was not much better than when I participated last year when I was about 10 minutes pregnant, but I had a good time, so that's really all I care about. That and I managed not to be scraped off of the pavement by rescue, that's always a bonus. My best friend Sara came with me, and we swapped off pushing the jogging stroller with little miss Mya in it, next time it might be a good idea fir the two asthmatics to being atleast one rescue inhalor ..... After the 5k I went to my parent's to get Michael Jr ready for trick or treating. I was so pumped about his halloween costume that I scored from Plush & Plunder Vintage in Hyannis. I actually spent more on his face paint than the actual costume. Thankfully my mom came trick or treating with us, that would've been interesting to be chasing around a 3 1/2 year old with the double stroller ... up hill both ways ... seriously, have you been in the neighborhood of durfee ln/eli ln ?! Literally uphill both ways. After trick or treating we visited my friend Amy Beth's mom's home on Roberta Jean in East Fal, these people make Halloween their profession for the month of October, no joke. They convert their back yard into the "Haunted Acre Wood", complete with 3-D maze, fog, vortex and creepy dead people jumping out at you.





After a weekend of festivities I spent the last day of my 3 day weekend being productive. I must've blacked out yesterday because somehow I managed to re enroll into Cape Cod Community College (aka the concrete jungle) after a six year hiatus. After speaking to an advisor I found out that I have half of an associates in Criminal Justice completed, 33 more credits and I can be the proud owner of a shiny new associates degree. I wish it didn't take me this long to figure things out, but it has to be done, I'd like to have some sort of degree by the time I'm 30. I'm still trying to balance out finances, work, and child care, so we'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.


2 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Great post Robin! Good luck with all the upcoming schoolwork! When you get yanked back onto midnights you will have plenty of study time!

Por2gee said...

that was my plan, might as well make the best of it right? :-D