CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Diaper Drive




Through the generous approval of my higher ups, the diaper drive to benefit A Baby Center of Hyannis, is now officially up and running at Mashpee PD. I am particularly proud of this drive because it directly benefits our community, there are many charities out there that you will not be able to see how your generosity affects the recipients. The diaper drive will benefit families living on the Cape and Islands who fall under the federal government guidelines for WIC. According to A Baby Center's website :http://www.ababycenter.org/abc/bc/index.html, there is a need of around 15,000 diapers PER MONTH needed to accomodate the babies living in our area.



A Baby Center's
Wish List

Diapers (Sizes Newborn to 6)
Pull-Ups (Sizes 2T-4T)
Baby Wipes
Baby Wash (Head to Toe)
Diaper Rash Cream
Wash Cloths
Infant Towels (Hooded)
Pacifiers
Bedding, Crib sheets and pads
Cribs (No more than 4 years old)
New Crib Mattresses
Children’s Clothing (sizes newborn to 4)
Toddler shoes and socks
Toddler Pajamas
Single and Double Strollers
High Chairs
Potty Seats
Formula (dry and liquid)


Volunteering for Birthday Wishes has really opened up my eyes to all the families and children in need that live among us, and I am so excited about this diaper drive, now I continue on to working with the other two sources I had contacted previously. *Wish me luck*

2 comments:

Fooseberry said...

Good for you! I personally know of a few people that the Baby Center has helped.
I am a little bummed that I never heard back from the Birthday People but I am also too busy right now to pursue it any further so that must be a sign.
Good Luck and may you collect a ton of diapers!

Por2gee said...

do you have a question for birthday wishes? I could probably answer it for you. They do take home made birthday cakes, so if you ever feel the need to make a rainbow cake .... I'm just sayin' .... so far this month I haven't seen any november birthdays posted for the cape facilities .... but they tend to be at the end of the month, so I'll keep my eyes peeled.