CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Recap


Tommorrow being our 1 year wedding anniversary, Michael and I are going on a little weekend getaway to Newport, so I will not be on a computer to post. A lot has happened in a year, and it's crazy how fast a year can go by, but how a 9 month pregnancy can feel like it drags on ... I remember how crazy the week before the wedding was, I planned & organized my husband's bachelor party, finished all the details from decorations, florist stuff, bridesmaid's luncheon, rehearsal dinner, etc. The wedding day was a whirlwind, and I think after the ceremony I saw my husband a grand total of 3 times, the 2 dances, and the 5 minutes I got to sit down and eat. The wedding day weather was absolutely perfect, unseasonably warm for cape cod, and no wind coming off of buzzards bay. I'm kind of sad that was a once in a lifetime expierience, bc I would like to have a wedding every year.


They say that the 1st year of marriage is supposed to be the hardest, but I haven't found that to be true. Michael and I were together for 4 1/2 years and had a baby before we got married, so maybe that helped? Between the trials of paramedic school, raising little man, working all kinds of crazy midnight shifts, and becoming pregnant again, I don't think we've really had the time to stew on things that most people fight over. Maybe we're just lucky. Maybe it's both.Tommorrow we will be spending the night in Newport, having grown up, non spongebob or tantrum filled night. We'll be enjoying the sights, stopping by Mohican Sun, and have a nice dinner.


After we return from our mini get away, we will finally be making the trip to Botello's to pick up paint & supplies for Mya's room, since her ETA is about 7 weeks or less. I could've made the baby blue guest room work with her lady bug theme, but the 20 years of sun fade on the walls showed me other wise. That's what I have a husband & brother for, have fun boys. We still have to put together her crib, her set of drawers, pick up the changing table from my sister in law, wash all her newborn clothes,clean out our cars, install the baby seat and put together the new stroller. Holy crap that's a lot of stuff. I forgot how much stuff babies use. Oh and I still have to pack my (our) bag for the hospital, and of course nest, which entails top to bottom scouring of the entire house. Which should be much easier once the dog is gone. Oh yes, destructo has a perspective new owner.Suckers.Plus the dog humps things, and I just can't deal with that. Anyways, I digress.

2 comments:

Live/Love/Life said...

Dog???? did I miss something. I had no idea you had a dog.
Yes there is a lot to do - I think that is why I was soooooooooo pissed when they called to induce me. I hadn't hit that total nesting stage yet. I was not prepared.

I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend and anniversary celebration.

Fooseberry said...

If you could recreate that day I would say yes do it every year. It was beautiful and perfect.
Enjoy the mini trip and get some sleep. Not romantic but it may be your last chance.