CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Q & A




I just wanted to share a little story about question & answer time from our baby class that we attended last monday. Now, I don't want you to think that I think that Michael & I are smarter than any of the other parents to be just because we've already had one child and we are both knowledgable in the medical field to a certain extent, but some things are just common sense. This class the RN was going over how the baby decends in the pelvis during the delivery, either occiput anterior (OA = the baby facing the mother's spine, easiest way for delivery) or occiput posterior (OP= the baby facing up, making delivery much more difficult). And during this discussion the RN had a model of a pelvis and a doll to be able to demonstrate what this process looked like, and obviously the pelvis model only was the basic bone structure, no muscles or ligaments since that would make it impossible to see the "baby" decend. Question & answer time.


New dad: "So is the baby gonna get it's face scratched up from the tail bone on the way out?"


RN: "Um No, there's muscles,tissue etc, that would prevent that from happening"


New dad: "Ohhhhhhhhhhh"


Michael and I just looked at eachother and tried not to burst out into laughter. Is this a real question right now? Seriously? And this guy's gonna be a parent.

1 comments:

Suburban Turmoil said...

Oh dear. I loved the new parents class. My husband spent the entire time snickering, and we went to one when I was pregnant with my second child just for laughs!