CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

"This Is Halloween ... This Is Halloween"





Today was my first official saturday off, ever, in life. It was surprisingly productive as well, which was a bonus. Today, as most saturdays are going to be, was a "Mommy & Me" day. I have little man by myself as Michael's on a 24 hour shift on the ambulance. We went to the Silver City Galleria to find him a costume that was 1)cute 2)he would tolerate and 3)didn't cost more than a tank of gas. We succeeded, we found a "101 Dalmations" costume that didn't have ant obnoxious hand or feet covers that he would rip off, and it was only $20.00. Than, along with my Sister in law we went to "Bertucci's" restaurant with little man. He was good, for him, meaning he got off his chair only 4 times, and sat back down with out having a screaming fit and had a couple of bites of his food.

After our excersion at the mall we followed rt 140 all the way to the end and went to the Buttonwood Park Zoo for a while. Everything's all set up for "Boo At The Zoo", and they had 3 tractors out that the kids could sit on as well as tables with local produce and a blacksmith demonstration. I have to say I enjoy Halloween far more than Christmas because, while it does have the commercialization, I don't feel the materialistic choke hold that I do come december, and Halloween to me still has the same innocence as it did when I was growing up. I have more fun now that I'm a mom, it allows me to live vicarously through my son and do all the dorky mom things like bake cupe cakes and go on hay rides. I'm pretty pumped for the Halloween Carnival coming up at the Heritage Museums, which we signed up for already. I'm trying to decide wether or not I'm going to dress up, I wanted to go as something that matched my son's costume, but I really don't wanna be the ass in a adult dog costume walking around the carnival.

I made like a good house frow after dinner, and 2 loads of laundry :) and made pumpkin cupcakes with vanilla frosting all decorated for Halloween.

4 comments:

Fooseberry said...

So we will be at the Carnival too.
I am in the same boat-Do I want to go dressed up? Not sure. I have no good ideas for a costume so maybe not.
I MAKE my kids do the things I like to do. They probibly think I am a loser but we will have have fun damn-it.

Gia's Spot said...

I registered my grandkids to the Heritage Museum Halloween as well!! Umm Do the kids dress up? What a loser I am for not knowing that!! ;{

Barry said...

As you know we don't have kids. But, Fooseberry, PLEASE continue to make your kids do these things or... or... or they'll end up like me!

I hated that stuff as a kid and still do. So, I would be a terrible Daddy. This I know.

Ma'am, glad you're having fun!!!

Por2gee said...

Barry you wouldn't be a terrible daddy so shut your face! Its surprising the dorky things you do for your kids, it brings out the best in you <3