CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 27, 2008

The simple things

It's the simple things in life that make me happy. I was out with my friend Vanessa yesterday, its always good to get back together with old friends to do absolutely nothing. We've been friends since we were 3 yrs old, and it's nice to be able to enjoy each other's company and not feel like you always have to "do" something. Anyways we hung around Coffee Obsession in Falmouth a.k.a. "Coffee O" and watched the remaining participants of the marathon leave (I was quite jealous of their metallic Dunkin Donuts blankets ...)and then we wondered off to our old hang out spots, otherwise known as Spinakers & the "Wall" near the library. We ended up in the nostalgia store (I don't know it's actual name)next to Liam Maguires. I found this apron, and it automatically ended up on my christmas list, thats right I want an apron for christmas, should look darling over the baby bump ....





And on a completely unrelated side note, I've been wanting lobster so bad but my Lobster missions have always been cut short ... The past 3 mondays stop & shop had them on sale, my mom goes to get them this morning and they're not on sale .... damnit. I called cooks today to get a lobster roll, they're closed for the season, the website is wrong they are not open till november ..... damnit again.

3 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Let me know if you want me to bring you one today, Mrs.D !!And I adore that apron!

Barry said...

The store used to be Ortin's Photo, before digital put them out of business. I'm not sure if they kept the name but last I was in there (a long time ago) they were going with nostalgic stuff to help fill the void of the lost photo business.

The apron is you.

Cataumet Fish & Lobster Trap is where I get my lobster. It seems wrong to me to buy them at a chain store so I go with the fish markets. I think you can get them direct from the fishermen now if you look hard enough.

Fooseberry said...

The Clam man was $5/lb last time I drove by-WOOHOO!!
I would kill for a lobster myself lately. Stop and Shop was $12/ yesterday- NOT!
Also try the new place across from Windfall market they are advertising a lobster roll that is supposed to be huge- Also known as The Raw Bar.