CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 6, 2010

Miss Cape & Islands Contest 2010




So I conquered my fear and kicked my anxiety of being in front of a big group of people by participating in the "Miss Cape & Islands" contest held at The Sand Dollar Bar & Grill in Dennisport. I had to say I was expecting pageant hell with catty bitches, but I was pleasantly surprised. All the girls were really awesome and I had a fabulous time! Free drinks also helped :) I had an amazing time going out there and talking to people, getting the crowd pumped, I never thought I would do that. I was however dissapointed that all the girls that won were employees of that bar or associated bars, and the judges owned that bar or neighboring buisnesses. To me that falls under 'conflict of interest', bad policy. So in my quest to awesomeness I will try again at the competition being held at The Cabby Shack in Plymouth on wedsneday the 12th.


1 comments:

Live/Love/Life said...

I hate to advise you but most "contests" held in bars are usually some sort of conflict of interest. They can be fun but they can also be degrading. I managed a bar for 8yrs and although we didn't hold "beauty" pageants we had other contests that mostly were regulars. I wish you the best of luck and have fun but use caution. Trust me!