CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Land Of Ikea




Last weekend I ventured over to Stoughton to the land of swedish home furnishings, otherwise known as Ikea. I had been curious, but not entirely motivated to make the 45 minute drive because the catalogue they put out makes their products look like something you would have made in shop back in junior high. But in my quest to have an actual grown up looking bedroom I decided to take the trip.



Upon arriving to Ikea it resembles a small logan airport, not just in sheer size, but the thing has it's own highway signs, rotary and alphabatized parking garage. You arrive in the parking garage and head to the entrance and find the coolest thing I've ever seen .... an escaltor for your carriage. I'm sure they're in exisatance in other stores, but I've never seen a flat escalator before so I was easily amused.





I can't remember exactly but I believe there's 3 floors of shopping expieience awaiting you once you're done (and by you I mean ME) standing in awe of the flat escalator. They have a pamphlet with a map of the whole store, which also reminds me of logan airport for some reason, maybe it's because the different sections of the store resemeble loading gates on the map. I dunno. Anyways I was pleasantly surprised at all the Ikea furnishings, much better than what the catologue has to offer. Ikea is so much more than dorm style furniture, they have adorable kids bedroom sets, toys, art, and even swedish food. There's a cafe on the (I think) 2nd floor with the kids bedroom sets (I even saw a sign that said 99 cents for kids meal!) and on the way out theres another swedish food cafe and a mini swedish grocery section. Possibly the coolest thing I've seen to date. This place is huge, I found myself secretly wanting a tram :) Well if you've got a day with nothing to do I would check it out, even if you don't need swedish furniture, that place is boss.


1 comments:

Fooseberry said...

We assembled a 6 drawer bureau -which looked very scary- in no time and it looks like real furniture to me.
I have been a few times but never on the 2nd floor. The kids expire before I can get there.
Mmmmm...Swedish Meatballs!!!