CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

My Trip To The ER

Yesterday I left work to go to the ER because I had discovered upon my bathroom break that I was bleeding brown blood, it actually reminded me exactly of when I use to get my period with the flow & color. Being that I am 11 1/2 weeks this is not a good thing. So I spent the better part of 6 hours in the ER, I got an ultrasound which showed a healthy normal fetus that actually appeared quite annoyed at the prospect of an ultrasound bc it kept rolling over to show us its back, and a Rho-gam shot because I am A - Blood type. My ultrasound showed that I was not dilated and did not have any extra fluid. I was discharged with a "threatened miscarriage".

My OB said it sounded like I had broken a blood vessel in my cervix and it was now just draining, hence the brown or "old" blood. But I don't recall anything that would have done that, you would think bursting a blood vessel in your cervix would hurt and I would notice if some thing like that happened? In any event there was no blood in my pad this morning which is good, the whole thing just scared the crap out of me.

Nothing like this had ever happened in my 1st pregnancy, and I had always assumed any bleeding in pregnancy only meant 1 of 2 things, a miscarriage or problem with the placenta. So I am home today resting, a little crampy, but other than that things are looking much better.

Side Note: Started bleeding agin, still old blood, but I talked to the Dr and as long as it isn't red blood everything should be fine and eventually stop.

0 comments: